How to Sell Without Saying a Single Word

On an autumn day, 7 years ago, I had my first appointment in financial sales. I was there, sitting at the table across from my prospect. I was a bit nervous and my mind was racing around in circles.

Does this situation sound familiar?

What if I told you that you didn't have to go through an experience like that to make a sale?

When I first started out, my manager told me that I had to make as many appointments as I could. He said, "Michael, you have to be belly-to-belly to make sales. The more bellies that you're in front of, the more sales that you'll make." Being new to the financial industry, I took that statement to heart. I went out prospecting and the only thing that I had to do was get more warm bodies in front of me. If I had 10 sales appointments, there would be a good chance that I would have at least 1 sale.

I ended up using that routine for years until I ran into a sales letter by Gerber. I was stunned that the letter was selling whole life insurance for kids. I thought that Gerber only sold baby food.

A year later, I found out that my sister ended up buying from Gerber Life instead of from me. All she had to do is fill out a form and that was it. The letter pretty much sold her on the product. It was at that time that I became so interested in these sales letters that most people would consider junk mail.

I figured that these companies must be doing something right if they're sending me these letters over and over again. So when ever I received a mailer, I checked it out to see if it grabbed my attention. If I thought it was worthy, I would stick it in my collection box of sales letters and postcards. While doing so, I started to realize a common structure.

* There was always a headline to grab my attention
* There was always information that described the headline
* There was always a command or a "call-to-action" that was related to the headline
Share on :
How to Sell Without Saying a Single Word
How to Sell Without Saying a Single Word
Reviewed by just4u
Published :
Rating : 4.5